Update from Administrator – March 11, 2021
March 11, 2021
It looks like we will see an early burst of spring this week. Our goal is to get everyone some fresh air and sunshine this week!
Our current Covid status is COVID FREE for residents and employees.
As you well know, this week marks one year that every nursing home in our state was required to impose visitor restrictions to do our part to combat the COVID pandemic. We can’t express how much we appreciate your patience and understanding during this very long journey we have taken together.
This week also commemorates a year since our team began their journey as “healthcare heroes” in the battle against COVID; doing their part to keep our residents as safe and healthy as possible, all while showing compassion and doing their best to meet not only their physical care, but their emotional needs as well. Please join me in thanking them and recognizing them again for what they did not only during the toughest parts of the pandemic, but what they do day in and day out.
Our state continues to see a dramatic drop in COVID cases as the vaccine does its job and people in our local community do their part. Until the state and federal nursing home guidelines are revised, we continue to take all necessary precautions, including wearing personal protective equipment and conducting weekly testing of our staff and residents, to ensure the safety of our residents and staff.
Our current visitation status is: virtual, window, outdoor and compassionate. Indoor visits should resume 3.16.21 if there are no new positive cases.
We want to provide some reminders about our visitation policy, based on requirements set by our state’s DPH and the federal CMS and CDC. We do apologize, but the below is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for visits, under the strict state and federal guidelines we must adhere to. We know this is not the optimal way to visit your loved one, but we these guidelines have been put in place with your loved ones and out staff’s best interest in mind.
- Call main phone number 203-336-0232 or email us at Info@northbridgehcc.com to set up appointment.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time.
- Visiting will be 45 minutes long.
- Please, do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must remain on at all times.
- Come to the building with mask on that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- The receptionist will take your temperature.
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy
Erica Roman, LCSW, LNHA