Update From Administrator – July 31, 2020
I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer!
As always, we thank our team for the hard work they while in our center; their chosen careers were never simple or easy to begin with, but working through a pandemic and under such troubled times as they do today, only makes their jobs even tougher. They received wonderful recognition during the pandemic and I continue to thank and appreciate them! Additional recognition is coming as we celebrate them again during our version of National Nursing Home Week from August 9-15.
Friendly reminders about Outdoor Visits
- Unfortunately, our restrooms are unavailable to visitors in order to remain compliant with Gov. Lamont’s and DPH’s visitor restriction guidelines.
- These visits require appropriate PPE (masks) to be worn at all times and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- The specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits can be found on our website and Facebook page.
- Please remember that the perimeter visits must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. You can schedule a visit by emailing us at email@example.com.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
- We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
- We are also now scheduling resident outdoor social distancing activities programs
As you know from our communications, managing this pandemic has been very challenging but we continue to focus on our residents and their well-being. We are happy to report that we currently only have 7 positive residents in house. We have no employees out sick with Covid. We have had 140 residents recover from Covid and return to their previous living location. Check our Facebook page to see updated pictures of our recent graduates- It is truly uplifting for our staff and residents.
This week, the state DPH and members of the National Guard visited our center for a monitoring visit and found us to be in compliance. We continue to follow all CDC and state guidelines and receive regular updates on new guidelines that are offered.
We are keeping our residents happy and engaged by offering a variety of activities including :
- Outdoor leisure time
- Traveling ICECREAM cart
On Monday June 1st, Governor Lamont ordered nursing home workers to be regularly tested for the coronavirus disease. We have been able to secure a contract with a vendor through the state and our testing was conducted by Yale on 7/28/20 with all staff results come back as NEGATIVE. That concludes our employee testing at this time.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy! Although the weather outside is becoming warmer and sunnier each day, it is important to remember that it is still necessary to be cautious and aware that the risks of COVID-19 are still present.
Erica Roman, LCSW, LNHA